The purpose of this blog is to track 20 common stocks for a full year. The idea is to beat the S & P 500 like a mutual fund without the very high churn rate. These stocks will be held in a portfolio until next December 31.

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

What new at Hewlett Packard.....?

On October 4th I wrote the HP is a $5.00 stock and I want to thank the management in helping me with my prediction.

http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2012/11/20/h-p-takes-big-hit-on-accounting-improprieties-at-autonomy/

HP announced today that it has taken a $8.8B accounting charge to discount the value of a $9.7B investment of Autonomy last year.

The takeover was the brainchild of Léo Apotheker, H.P.’s chief executive at the time, and was criticized within Silicon Valley as a hugely expensive blunder.
“I’m both stunned and disappointed to learn of Autonomy’s alleged accounting improprieties,” Mr. Apotheker said in a statement. “The developments are a shock to the many who believed in the company, myself included. ”

HP is truly the laughingstock of Silicon Valley and Wall Street. I am highly confident that many many former employees screamed not to do this deal and were let go for not being team players.

The bottom line is that HP sucks....As a compnay, as a product and as a future. More to come, I am certain.

No comments:

Post a Comment