The purpose of this blog is to track 20 common stocks for a full year. The idea is to beat the S & P 500 like a mutual fund without the very high churn rate. These stocks will be held in a portfolio until next December 31.

Friday, March 23, 2012

Sorry about that Mr. Joshi

On 2/25/12 I submitted a post where I questioned HP hiring Meg Whitman as CEO rather than someone with vision, leadership and credibility.  I thought that they should have hired a leader from within the company who had the knowledge and experience to lead the company from the inside rather than a rock star who would use HP as a platform to their own social and financial gains.

I included a link to Yyomesh Joshi's HP page. http://www8.hp.com/us/en/company-information/executive-team/joshi.html

I choose his page because he had been with HP for 30 years and ran the IPG section which has been very successful.

I am certain the Whitman must have read my suggestion because this week she announced she was merging the printer and computer businesses and that Mr. Joshi was not going to be included in the party.
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/21/technology/hp-is-said-to-plan-merger-of-computer-and-printer-units.html

It is not that I think Mr. Bradley will not be a fine leader of this business group. It was just that I keep thinking of how much fun it is to watch the parade.

1 comment:

  1. Wow...pretty insightful...so someone is reading this...what fun! Sarah

    ReplyDelete