The purpose of this blog is to track 20 common stocks for a full year. The idea is to beat the S & P 500 like a mutual fund without the very high churn rate. These stocks will be held in a portfolio until next December 31.

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Facebook's IPO......

http://www.bizjournals.com/sacramento/blog/morning-roundup/2012/01/facebook-list-top-10-hated-companies.html
  This article states that Facebook is one of the top 10 most hated companies in the USA.  Really??
I do not have a Facebook account. But in the top 10 most hated companies? What do they do to make people hate them so much?  My thought on this is really about the IPO that is pending for Facebook.
http://venturebeat.com/2011/09/27/facebook-valuation-sharespost/

   Facebook is valued at between $80-$100 billion.  I think that this valuation is based on the captivity of the audience and potential advertising. But the barrier to entry in this field is simply a web portal. If anyone is going to rely on the faithfulness of the Facebook consumer to remain Facebook consumers, I think they are mistaken.
And when you are starting out on the top 10 list of hated companies that does not seem to help matters much.
I am certain that this is well known to people smarter than me, but I am looking forward to the IPO myself, for the same reason I like to watch auto racing.